Man dies after crashing into bayou on Houston's East End
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A driver is dead after crashing his car into Buffalo Bayou last night on Houston's East End.
Police say the driver was traveling at a high rate of speed when he crashed through the fence of a business near Cesar Chavez and Avenue W. The car went flying into Buffalo Bayou, landing upside down in about 25 feet of water.
Dive teams pulled the victim's body after discovering the car.
"There are surveillance cameras in this business. I guess we're going to do a follow-up investigation to see if possibly anybody was pursuing him," said Sgt. Ignacio Izaguirre with the Houston Police Department. "But according to the witness, that was the only vehicle that she saw."
No other passengers or vehicles were involved. The victim's name has not been released.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet 33 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Colorado collects $2 million in recreational pot taxes 30 min ago
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant