League City volunteer firefighter who died during training exercise laid to rest
LEAGUE CITY, TX (KTRK) -- A League City volunteer firefighter who collapsed and died during a training exercise has been laid to rest.
A procession was held Tuesday morning as Cadet Donald Mize's body was taken to the cemetery. He died last Wednesday night at a drill field on South Kansas Street in League City.
He'd been training as a volunteer firefighter for the past month. Mize, 62, was a retired teacher who taught at Clear Creek ISD's Clear View Education Center.
The funeral was held at Saint Mary's Catholic Church on East Walker Street in League City. The visitation was Monday night.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
league city, local
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide 16 min ago
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Six UH students reportedly robbed at gunpoint in dorm 25 min ago
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch 43 min ago
- Beyonce's holiday surprise
- McDonald's employee injured during attempted robbery 5 min ago
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted
- Coloring book featuring Ted Cruz selling fast
- Multiple people stabbed after Denver football game
- HISD takes steps to replace school mascots
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- Travis Herzog's Friday weather forecast
12 min ago