Friendswood PD: Gas station attendant stops purse snatchers, 2 suspects arrested
FRIENDSWOOD, TX (KTRK) -- Thanks to a quick-thinking gas station attendant, two Houstonians are in jail for allegedly trying to snatch a woman's purse in Friendswood.
Chrisheena Ladale Milburn, 22, of Houston is charged with criminal trespass of a vehicle and Marque Undray Coleman, 30, is charged with reckless driving and driving while license invalid.
According to Friendswood police, it happened around 2:40pm Tuesday at the Kroger gas station in the 3100 block of FM 528.
Investigators said a gas station employee saw the suspects drive up in a black Pontiac. Milburn reportedly got out of the car and opened the passenger-side door of the victim's car while she was at the fuel pump.
The gas station employee walked up to both vehicles, interrupting the theft, police said.
Officials said Milburn hopped back in the Pontiac and the duo sped toward the Gulf Freeway while the gas station attendant called Friendswood police and gave a description of the suspects and their car.
An officer was nearby and caught up to the Pontiac on the Gulf Freeway feeder near El Dorado. The officer stopped the car and took Milburn and Coleman into custody. They were charged after investigators reviewed surveillance video.
Milburn and Coleman are now considered suspects in other gas station purse thefts that occurred over the last couple of months. Both are convicted felons, police said.
Milburn is being held at Harris County Jail on a $5,000 bond. She just received three years of probation for theft on February 18. Her criminal history includes a criminal trespass of a vehicle charge in February 2012 as well car theft, drug charges and escape.
Coleman, the alleged getaway driver, is in jail on a $5,000 bond for driving while license invalid and a $5,000 bond for reckless driving. He was charged with criminal trespass in February 2012 and received 10 days in the county jail. Coleman was discharged from parole on August 25, 2012. His other convictions include theft, drugs and criminal trespass.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- Officer who fired at van with kids in it fired
- Feds order changes following deadly train derailment
- Police: Galveston pair arrested with 13 pounds of marijuana
- New METRO rail line nearly ready for riders
- NKorea: Detained elderly American veteran deported
- Ohio Amish girl won't be forced to have chemo