Good Samaritan injured while trying to help driver involved in crash
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A chain-reaction crash sent a good Samaritan tumbling down an embankment on Highway 288 last night.
It started when an SUV slammed into a Sedan near the Sam Houston Tollway around 11pm.
The driver of a Navigator saw the accident and pulled over to help. She had gotten out of her car when another vehicle trying to avoid the first wreck slammed into her vehicle. The Navigator knocked her off the road. She was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The driver who caused the wreck was arrested. He did not have insurance.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Young artists put on unique display
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man killed by authorities 'Into the wild' hunter
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Workers recover Bible from rubble of NYC buildings
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days
- Girl, 5, spends day at wrong school
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods