Sketch released in November murder mystery
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There is a new critical clue in an unsolved murder and it's something authorities want you to see. This crime is significant because it's connected to another very high profile unsolved murder.
Coty Beavers was found murdered November 12 inside his northwest Harris County apartment. Ten months earlier, his twin brother's girlfriend was also murdered. The two cases have not been linked but now there's a development in one of them; the sheriff's office has released a sketch of a person of interest in Beavers' murder.
"We used to haze each other," David Purdion said.
Purdion remembers 28-year-old Coty Beavers as a nice guy who liked to kid. He was an occasional customer at the store where Purdion works.
"He would come in once or twice a week and all of a sudden he just stopped cold turkey," Purdion said.
Beavers' wife found him dead inside their apartment in the 10000 block of Legacy Park Drive. He had been shot to death.
An eyewitness told investigators a man had been asking about him days earlier. On Thursday, they released a composite sketch of that man. They're calling him a person of interest.
Beavers' neighbors have heard little about his case since then, and few know about the connection to another unsolved murder.
His twin brother was the boyfriend of Gelareh Bagherzadeh, who was shot to death while driving to her parents' townhome near the Galleria 10 months earlier. She was an outspoken critic of Iran's human rights policies.
Coincidence or not, both remain unsolved. Purdion hopes for one thing for Beavers' family.
"I definitely hope they do catch the guy who did it and I hope they give him what he deserves," he said.
The person of interest was described as a man in his 40s and is about 5 feet 9 inches tall.
Anyone with information about the person of interest wanted in connection to either murder is asked to call the Harris County Sheriff's Office Homicide Division at 713-967-5810 or Crime Stoppers of Houston at 713-222-TIPS.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
local, jessica willey
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure 4 min ago
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis 57 min ago
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Missouri City man charged in wife's death 1 min ago
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns
- Gang members could be banned in parts of Harris Co.