HazMat teams cleaning up big mess at Bush Intercontinental Airport
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- HazMat teams are still cleaning up a big mess at Bush Intercontinental Airport.
A tanker truck lost control on a ramp near a cargo area of the airport around 10:15 last night. The truck flipped, spilling a portion of the 5,000 gallons of fuel it was carrying.
The driver was taken to the hospital with cuts and bruises.
Crews say the spill would have been much worse if the weather was warmer and the fuel was thicker.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
bush intercontinental airport, local
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations 23 min ago
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 11 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'