HazMat teams cleaning up big mess at Bush Intercontinental Airport
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- HazMat teams are still cleaning up a big mess at Bush Intercontinental Airport.
A tanker truck lost control on a ramp near a cargo area of the airport around 10:15 last night. The truck flipped, spilling a portion of the 5,000 gallons of fuel it was carrying.
The driver was taken to the hospital with cuts and bruises.
Crews say the spill would have been much worse if the weather was warmer and the fuel was thicker.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
bush intercontinental airport, local
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer