Body found in Cy-Fair area retention pond where kayaker went missing last weekend
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A body was found Friday morning in the Cy-Fair area retention pond where a kayaker went missing last weekend.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office says the body was recovered, but could not confirm as to whether it is in fact Ryan Smith. The 32-year-old's kayak was discovered Saturday afternoon on the shore of the pond where he's been known to go fishing. His pickup truck and cell phone were located nearby.
Dive teams dragged part of the lake and used sonar over the weekend. Dogs and a Texas Department of Public Safety helicopter were also used in the search.
The search was called off on Monday.
We'll bring your more information on this story as it comes into the newsroom.
Information from the Associated Press was used in this report. ___________________________________________________________
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Severe weather possible across Houston area 56 min ago
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 8 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- A&E claims death threats since Robertson's suspension
- New Houston light rail line to open for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather 8 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Casey Curry's Saturday forecast
36 min ago