Flames, smoke engulf northwest Harris County building
CY-FAIR, TX (KTRK) -- Firefighters are battling a big fire at a building in northwest Harris County. So far, one person has been transported to a hospital.
The fire broke out around 4:30pm at Rilco Manufacturing off Brittmore Park near Ashley Court. Authorities say it's an industrial complex where pipe insulation is made and it houses hazardous marterials, such as polyurethane foam and isocyanate.
From SkyEye HD, flames could be seen coming out of the side of the building and spreading onto piles of wood outside.
The blaze seems to have started on the southeast side of the facility, but spread throughout the building.
Firefighters from the Cy-Fair, Jersey Village and Houston fire departments, as well as a Harris County HazMat team, are responded to the fire.
The one person who was transported to a hospital was being treated for smoke inhalation.
No other details were immediately available.
Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest details.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
cypress fairbanks, local
- After bombs, Boston Marathon under tight security
- Robbery call leads to wild chase in north Houston
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed while looking for car keys 16 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Group offers free prom dresses to girls
- Lohan says on reality show she had miscarriage
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Teen survives California to Hawaii flight in wheel well
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- General Mills scraps controversial new legal terms
- New study says laughing makes your brain work better
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos