Driver killed after falling asleep, rear ends garbage truck in Santa Fe
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Detectives in Santa Fe say a 21-year-old woman was killed after she slammed into a garbage truck Saturday morning.
The accident happened just before 8am in the 2900 block of FM646.
Authorities say the victim, Brandy Medlock, had just finished working a 12-hour night shift when her '97 Ford truck rear ended a garbage truck. It's believed that she fell asleep behind the wheel. Medlock died at the scene.
No one in the garbage truck was injured, and no charges are expected to be filed against the truck driver.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Driveway theft of 200lb generator caught on camera
- SAPD: Fatally shot student from Baytown charged officer
- Stockman challenges Cornyn in Texas US Senate race
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- Restaurant apologizes for racist sign
- Police chase emu down I-35 near Austin
- Video: Wade Phillips on life after Kubiak