Driver killed after falling asleep, rear ends garbage truck in Santa Fe
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Detectives in Santa Fe say a 21-year-old woman was killed after she slammed into a garbage truck Saturday morning.
The accident happened just before 8am in the 2900 block of FM646.
Authorities say the victim, Brandy Medlock, had just finished working a 12-hour night shift when her '97 Ford truck rear ended a garbage truck. It's believed that she fell asleep behind the wheel. Medlock died at the scene.
No one in the garbage truck was injured, and no charges are expected to be filed against the truck driver.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston 3 min ago
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- LA unanimously bans vaping in public places
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers