2013 Saint Patrick's Day parade last for 'Irish ambassador of Houston'
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- This Saint Patrick's Day has special meaning for a man known as the Irish ambassador of Houston.
Tom Horan marched in his 50th Saint Patrick's Day parade Saturday morning. He and his family were dressed in green as they walked through downtown with the Erin Go Bragh Society of America.
Horan says this will be his final parade because of health problems.
"I had my leg cut off two years ago, and I've had six heart attacks," he said. "Last year, I marched and I hard a heart attack right after the parade, so I'm trying not to duplicate last year. But it's time to let the new breed take over man."
Horan is a former parade grand marshal. He helped create the center for Irish studies at his alma mater, the University of Saint Thomas.
If you have photos or videos of you celebrating St. Patrick's Day, email photos or videos to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload them on iwitness.abc13.com.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston 52 min ago
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role 36 min ago
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant
- Student caught with gun on campus
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives?
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
21 min ago