2013 Saint Patrick's Day parade last for 'Irish ambassador of Houston'
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- This Saint Patrick's Day has special meaning for a man known as the Irish ambassador of Houston.
Tom Horan marched in his 50th Saint Patrick's Day parade Saturday morning. He and his family were dressed in green as they walked through downtown with the Erin Go Bragh Society of America.
Horan says this will be his final parade because of health problems.
"I had my leg cut off two years ago, and I've had six heart attacks," he said. "Last year, I marched and I hard a heart attack right after the parade, so I'm trying not to duplicate last year. But it's time to let the new breed take over man."
Horan is a former parade grand marshal. He helped create the center for Irish studies at his alma mater, the University of Saint Thomas.
If you have photos or videos of you celebrating St. Patrick's Day, email photos or videos to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload them on iwitness.abc13.com.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million 58 min ago
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker
- Officers' body cameras raise privacy concerns 44 min ago
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Police investigating north Houston nightclub stabbing
- Motorcyclist killed in head-on wreck in northwest Houston
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Battleship Texas celebrates its 100th...
57 min ago