Three people injured after shooting, crash in southwest Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police are investigating a chase in southwest Houston that led to a shooting that ended with three people hospitalized.
The situation ended with a crash in the 16000 block of Chimney Rock.
"I heard short skid marks, a big old bang and I was thinking I was going to get up," said resident Billy Booke. "But before I could get up and get some clothes on, I heard one shot and then I stayed in the house."
Police say it started down the road. A Suburu car was following a Suburban when a passenger in the Suburu started shooting at the Suburban. Both vehicles eventually crashed.
Selita Hunter also heard the collision.
"The people in the car were jammed in the car so they couldn't get out," she said. "We stayed there about an hour and I called 911 for police officers in both directions."
One person was taken into custody. Another is still wanted. Three people were taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Investigators were at the crash site sorting it out for more than eight hours.
Police believe the shooter may be the person who ran from the scene. He's still wanted.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
local, christine dobbyn
- NASA hopes to avoid emergency spacewalk on ISS
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Witnesses pull woman from fiery wreck
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft 16 min ago
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site
- Motorcyclist dies after colliding with car 13 min ago
- Are more Doritos-flavored foods on the way? 30 min ago
- Astrodome to be considered historic landmark
- No jail for teen whose lawyers argued 'affluenza'
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees