Three people injured after shooting, crash in southwest Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police are investigating a chase in southwest Houston that led to a shooting that ended with three people hospitalized.
The situation ended with a crash in the 16000 block of Chimney Rock.
"I heard short skid marks, a big old bang and I was thinking I was going to get up," said resident Billy Booke. "But before I could get up and get some clothes on, I heard one shot and then I stayed in the house."
Police say it started down the road. A Suburu car was following a Suburban when a passenger in the Suburu started shooting at the Suburban. Both vehicles eventually crashed.
Selita Hunter also heard the collision.
"The people in the car were jammed in the car so they couldn't get out," she said. "We stayed there about an hour and I called 911 for police officers in both directions."
One person was taken into custody. Another is still wanted. Three people were taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Investigators were at the crash site sorting it out for more than eight hours.
Police believe the shooter may be the person who ran from the scene. He's still wanted.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
local, christine dobbyn
- Police: 2 dead after car crashes into crowd in Austin 1 min ago
- Vigil held for women slain in Galveston County
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Woman delivers her own baby on drive to hospital
- Police: Man tried to run over triple amputee in N. Houston
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 3 dead
- Authorities investigating second auto-pedestrian in NW Harris...
- George Zimmerman's parents suing Roseanne Barr
- Man steals SUV with child inside, carjacks two others
- Elementary school seeks to offer kids nutritious food
- Video shows suspects setting fire to store full of puppies
- WWII vets help mark 100th anniversary of Battleship Texas
- River Oaks-area residents fighting to stop office building