George Strait performance sets new all-time paid RodeoHouston attendance record
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Last night's Rodeo concert featuring country music legend George Strait along with Martina McBride, and the Randy Rogers Band now holds the all-time paid attendance record at both Reliant Stadium and the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.
The Texas native played in front of a crowd of 80,020 people who purchased tickets to see the triple performance. That number breaks the previous record set on Go Tejano Day just over a week ago.
The Show announced last night that a Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo George Strait Scholarship will be awarded annually, from 2013 forward, through the Show's Educational Fund.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
houston livestock show and rodeo, local
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home