Woman's body found in park on Houston's south side
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Homicide detectives are investigating the death of a woman found Monday in a park on the south side of Houston.
The body was found at Reed Road and Almeda. Investigators tell us a woman visiting E.R. and Ann Taylor Park spotted the body around 5pm through the thick underbrush and called police. At first she thought it was a dead horse, but she took a closer look and realized it was a human body.
Police called in a bloodhound and the trace evidence team to see if the killer or killers left behind a scent or any other clues. They say it appears the body has been here for a few days, and they have no idea who she is.
Right now, police don't know how she died. They are only calling the death suspicious, and they're working to determine whether the woman was killed at the scene or if her body was dumped there.
The victim is described as a heavy-set black woman about 5 feet tall and around 30 years old. Anyone with information us urged to call Houston police or Crime Stoppers.
ABC13 reporter Adela Uchida is at the park and will have a live report on Eyewitness News at 10pm.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
local, adela uchida
- Boston Marathon begins under tight security 6 min ago
- Robbery call leads to wild chase in north Houston
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed while looking for car keys 30 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Group offers free prom dresses to girls
- Lohan says on reality show she had miscarriage
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Teen survives California to Hawaii flight in wheel well
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- General Mills scraps controversial new legal terms
- New study says laughing makes your brain work better
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos