Police nab three suspected copper thieves at Chuck E Cheese's in north Harris County
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Three accused copper thieves face criminal charges after they were caught breaking into a shopping center in northwest Harris County.
Investigators say the trio gained access into the building on FM 1960 at Kuykendahl by breaking into a Chuck E Cheese's restaurant.
While the suspects were allegedly stealing copper, they cut the power which sent a notification to CenterPoint Energy. The Harris Co. Sheriff's Office says a CenterPoint employee was checking electrical boxes and power connections at the location when he noticed they had been tampered with and heard noises coming from inside the building.
Sheriff's deputies showed up and set up a perimeter around the shopping center. Moments later, deputies say they saw several suspects trying to flee.
One of the suspects was arrested at the location. Two others fled on foot but were quickly apprehended.
One suspect was taken to the hospital after suffering injuries while trying to escape.
David Penate, 29, Dimas Alvarenga-Quintanilla, 27, and Jeronimo Avelar-Dubon, 32, are all charged with evading arrest and burglary of a building.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents beaten to death 3 min ago
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees
- Jailer accused of sneaking smokes, snacks 52 min ago
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses
- Big reward for sex assault suspect who missed court date 35 min ago
- Former Houston cop facing drug charges 6 min ago
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- YouTube turns 9 today!
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire