Pastor helps bring police standoff to peaceful end in SE Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A pastor helped end a standoff between a shooting suspect and police.
Investigators say the accused gunman barricaded himself in his home after police responded to a shooting at his home on Lingonberry at Calhoun.
He is accused of opening fire on another man during an argument. According to neighbors, the suspect's pastor convinced the man to surrender to authorities.
As for the victim, he was taken to the hospital but we don't know his condition. He drove himself to the parking lot of a bar, where he called 911.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Drug agents: 'Unfit for human consumption' 7 min ago
- Man fatally shot while driving in SW Houston
- Galveston judge indicted on felony charges
- Constable Trevino: Good intentions gone too far?
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Women behind aggravated robbery caught on video 21 min ago
- Suspected molester to cops: 'I need help' 41 min ago
- 'Pastor' indicted in real estate investment scam 35 min ago
- Cocaine, cash found in abandoned chase suspect's car
- Vendor fired, took snow cones into bathroom
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets burgers for life
- Surgeons remove tiger's basketball-sized hairball
- otrc: New 'Man of Steel' trailer 15 min ago
- abcnews: SI model to attend prom with teen 17 min ago
- Tornado storm shelter survival story
45 min ago
- GRAPHIC: Deputy shot during traffic stop in...
18 min ago