Pastor helps bring police standoff to peaceful end in SE Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A pastor helped end a standoff between a shooting suspect and police.
Investigators say the accused gunman barricaded himself in his home after police responded to a shooting at his home on Lingonberry at Calhoun.
He is accused of opening fire on another man during an argument. According to neighbors, the suspect's pastor convinced the man to surrender to authorities.
As for the victim, he was taken to the hospital but we don't know his condition. He drove himself to the parking lot of a bar, where he called 911.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- weather: Rain falling across our area
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Officers' body cameras raise privacy concerns
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Police investigating north Houston nightclub stabbing