Pastor helps bring police standoff to peaceful end in SE Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A pastor helped end a standoff between a shooting suspect and police.
Investigators say the accused gunman barricaded himself in his home after police responded to a shooting at his home on Lingonberry at Calhoun.
He is accused of opening fire on another man during an argument. According to neighbors, the suspect's pastor convinced the man to surrender to authorities.
As for the victim, he was taken to the hospital but we don't know his condition. He drove himself to the parking lot of a bar, where he called 911.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Severe weather possible this morning 4 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses