Houston surgeon gets 10 years for child porn
HOUSTON -- A Houston surgeon who pleaded guilty to possession of child pornography has been sentenced to 10 years in federal prison
U.S. District Court Judge Lee Rosenthal Tuesday also ordered 73-year-old Dr. Bernard Albina to pay a $75,000 fine and spend the rest of his life on probation once his sentence is completed. He also must register as a sex offender.
The sentence is the maximum the judge could impose.
Albina was arrested last year and has been in custody since then because he was considered a flight risk.
Prosecutors say Albina since 2003 inappropriately associated with several young boys and took photos of some of them. Search warrants led to discovery dozens of CDs, DVDs, video tapes and printed images containing child pornography.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash 28 min ago
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe 51 min ago
- Smash and grab burglar targets tattoo parlor
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Captain of S. Korea ferry among first to escape 44 min ago
- TDCJ van carrying prisoners crashes near El Campo
- Armed robber was never told to report to prison
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- Police: Fight over woman ends in fatal stabbing 31 min ago
- Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Chip in at Chipotle for Discovery Green
- Most insane job interview ever
- Travis Herzog's midday weather forecast
27 min ago