Child killed in multi-vehicle wreck in Channelview area
CHANNELVIEW, TX (KTRK) -- A young child was killed Tuesday morning in a multi-vehicle wreck in the Channelview area.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office says at around 10am a woman driving a Pontiac was traveling southbound on Uvalde with a 10-year-old male passenger who was not wearing a seatbelt. A second woman driving a Scion was traveling eastbound on Highway 90 with a 3-year-old passenger secured in a car seat. According to witnesses, the Pontiac ran a red light and struck the Scion.
Deputies say the 10-year-old boy in the Pontiac was ejected from the vehicle and died at the scene. The driver was transported to Memorial Hermann Hospital by Lifeflight and is expected to survive.
The second driver in the Scion and her passenger were transported to LBJ Hospital by ambulance and are expected to be OK. No identities have been released.
According to deputies, the case will be presented to the Harris County District Attorney's Office to determine if any charges will be filed.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Vandals strike vehicles in Heights neighborhood 40 min ago
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Police say girl finds her murdered mother
- 5 Things to Know for Today 50 min ago
- Big rig driver involved in deadly wreck due in court today
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- More cold air moves in; sunshine returns tomorrow 31 min ago
- Video: Amazing video from N. Texas after winter... 19 min ago
- Just what we needed - a tougher cockroach
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Gary Kubiak thanks team, fans in full page ad
- Good idea or bad? Baby bouncy chair with attached iPad 7 min ago
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Amazing video from N. Texas after winter...
19 min ago