Child killed in multi-vehicle wreck in Channelview area
CHANNELVIEW, TX (KTRK) -- A young child was killed Tuesday morning in a multi-vehicle wreck in the Channelview area.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office says at around 10am a woman driving a Pontiac was traveling southbound on Uvalde with a 10-year-old male passenger who was not wearing a seatbelt. A second woman driving a Scion was traveling eastbound on Highway 90 with a 3-year-old passenger secured in a car seat. According to witnesses, the Pontiac ran a red light and struck the Scion.
Deputies say the 10-year-old boy in the Pontiac was ejected from the vehicle and died at the scene. The driver was transported to Memorial Hermann Hospital by Lifeflight and is expected to survive.
The second driver in the Scion and her passenger were transported to LBJ Hospital by ambulance and are expected to be OK. No identities have been released.
According to deputies, the case will be presented to the Harris County District Attorney's Office to determine if any charges will be filed.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Frustration mounts for church members
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Funny video from Jessica Willey's Colorado...
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Photos: Maroon 5 draws massive Rodeo crowd
- Richmond traffic stop leads to drug bust
- Pearland mom honored on 'Live with Kelly and Michael'