Child killed in multi-vehicle wreck in Channelview area
CHANNELVIEW, TX (KTRK) -- A young child was killed Tuesday morning in a multi-vehicle wreck in the Channelview area.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office says at around 10am a woman driving a Pontiac was traveling southbound on Uvalde with a 10-year-old male passenger who was not wearing a seatbelt. A second woman driving a Scion was traveling eastbound on Highway 90 with a 3-year-old passenger secured in a car seat. According to witnesses, the Pontiac ran a red light and struck the Scion.
Deputies say the 10-year-old boy in the Pontiac was ejected from the vehicle and died at the scene. The driver was transported to Memorial Hermann Hospital by Lifeflight and is expected to survive.
The second driver in the Scion and her passenger were transported to LBJ Hospital by ambulance and are expected to be OK. No identities have been released.
According to deputies, the case will be presented to the Harris County District Attorney's Office to determine if any charges will be filed.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents dead after altercation 20 min ago
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees 4 min ago
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- YouTube turns 9 today!
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes
- Putting gadget germ cleaners to the test
- Gold bars removed from man's stomach
- Company creates 'anti-thigh gap' jeans
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash