FBI: Woman pretending to be man tries robbing west Houston bank
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Detectives need help identifying a cross-dressing suspect who tried to rob a bank inside a west Houston Tuesday afternoon.
It happened around 2:35pm at a bank inside a grocery store in the 14600 block of Memorial Drive, according to the FBI Bank Robbery Task Force.
Detectives say a woman dressed in men's clothing handed the bank teller a note demanding money but left without collecting any cash. She left in a green-colored SUV.
The suspect did not display a weapon and no one was hurt during the attempted robbery.
The bank robber is described as a black female between 5 feet 5 inches and 5 feet 8 inches tall. She weighed between 220 and 250 pounds and was dressed in all black. She wore Dickies-type pants, black military type boots, black plastic frame sunglasses and carried a large men's wallet.
Crime Stoppers is offering up to $5,000.00 for information leading to the charging and arrest of this robber. If you have information about this case, please call the Crime Stoppers tip line at 713-222-TIPS (8477) or the Houston FBI office at 713-693-5000.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 41 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse 1 min ago
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub 4 min ago
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- LA unanimously bans vaping in public places 57 min ago
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers 55 min ago
- Man dancing on power pole in lifted to...
- Boy buried by avalanche tried to bite his way out