FBI: Woman pretending to be man tries robbing west Houston bank
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Detectives need help identifying a cross-dressing suspect who tried to rob a bank inside a west Houston Tuesday afternoon.
It happened around 2:35pm at a bank inside a grocery store in the 14600 block of Memorial Drive, according to the FBI Bank Robbery Task Force.
Detectives say a woman dressed in men's clothing handed the bank teller a note demanding money but left without collecting any cash. She left in a green-colored SUV.
The suspect did not display a weapon and no one was hurt during the attempted robbery.
The bank robber is described as a black female between 5 feet 5 inches and 5 feet 8 inches tall. She weighed between 220 and 250 pounds and was dressed in all black. She wore Dickies-type pants, black military type boots, black plastic frame sunglasses and carried a large men's wallet.
Crime Stoppers is offering up to $5,000.00 for information leading to the charging and arrest of this robber. If you have information about this case, please call the Crime Stoppers tip line at 713-222-TIPS (8477) or the Houston FBI office at 713-693-5000.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive