FBI: Woman pretending to be man tries robbing west Houston bank
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Detectives need help identifying a cross-dressing suspect who tried to rob a bank inside a west Houston Tuesday afternoon.
It happened around 2:35pm at a bank inside a grocery store in the 14600 block of Memorial Drive, according to the FBI Bank Robbery Task Force.
Detectives say a woman dressed in men's clothing handed the bank teller a note demanding money but left without collecting any cash. She left in a green-colored SUV.
The suspect did not display a weapon and no one was hurt during the attempted robbery.
The bank robber is described as a black female between 5 feet 5 inches and 5 feet 8 inches tall. She weighed between 220 and 250 pounds and was dressed in all black. She wore Dickies-type pants, black military type boots, black plastic frame sunglasses and carried a large men's wallet.
Crime Stoppers is offering up to $5,000.00 for information leading to the charging and arrest of this robber. If you have information about this case, please call the Crime Stoppers tip line at 713-222-TIPS (8477) or the Houston FBI office at 713-693-5000.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshall: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Mark Kelly, twin brother enlisted for NASA study
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Will Justin Bieber be at Houston rodeo?