Infant suffering skull fracture and other injuries dies
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Homicide investigators are trying to get answers about the death of a two-month-old infant in southwest Houston.
Two-month-old Jaydon Clay was rushed to Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital last week. He died a few days later, and now a homicide investigation is under way.
On March 11, doctors who examined Jaydon noticed he had a skull fracture, bleeding on the brain and a liver laceration. Child Protective Services were called. Court documents show that the baby primarily stayed with his mother, but occasionally stayed with his father and grandmother.
Baby Jaydon's grandmother Naomi Gray confirmed investigators are looking into his death.
"I talked with the homicide people yesterday. They told me they're not looking at me as a suspect, they're just looking for some answers," she said. "That was my grandson born on my birthday."
Jaydon's mother also has two other children, ages one and two. The toddlers are currently in foster care. A hearing is scheduled for next week.
The Houston Police Department confirms an investigation is ongoing, but so far no charges have been filed.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
local, miya shay
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Young artists put on unique display
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man killed by authorities 'Into the wild' hunter
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Workers recover Bible from rubble of NYC buildings
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days
- Girl, 5, spends day at wrong school
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods