Infant suffering skull fracture and other injuries dies
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Homicide investigators are trying to get answers about the death of a two-month-old infant in southwest Houston.
Two-month-old Jaydon Clay was rushed to Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital last week. He died a few days later, and now a homicide investigation is under way.
On March 11, doctors who examined Jaydon noticed he had a skull fracture, bleeding on the brain and a liver laceration. Child Protective Services were called. Court documents show that the baby primarily stayed with his mother, but occasionally stayed with his father and grandmother.
Baby Jaydon's grandmother Naomi Gray confirmed investigators are looking into his death.
"I talked with the homicide people yesterday. They told me they're not looking at me as a suspect, they're just looking for some answers," she said. "That was my grandson born on my birthday."
Jaydon's mother also has two other children, ages one and two. The toddlers are currently in foster care. A hearing is scheduled for next week.
The Houston Police Department confirms an investigation is ongoing, but so far no charges have been filed.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
local, miya shay
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos