Infant suffering skull fracture and other injuries dies
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Homicide investigators are trying to get answers about the death of a two-month-old infant in southwest Houston.
Two-month-old Jaydon Clay was rushed to Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital last week. He died a few days later, and now a homicide investigation is under way.
On March 11, doctors who examined Jaydon noticed he had a skull fracture, bleeding on the brain and a liver laceration. Child Protective Services were called. Court documents show that the baby primarily stayed with his mother, but occasionally stayed with his father and grandmother.
Baby Jaydon's grandmother Naomi Gray confirmed investigators are looking into his death.
"I talked with the homicide people yesterday. They told me they're not looking at me as a suspect, they're just looking for some answers," she said. "That was my grandson born on my birthday."
Jaydon's mother also has two other children, ages one and two. The toddlers are currently in foster care. A hearing is scheduled for next week.
The Houston Police Department confirms an investigation is ongoing, but so far no charges have been filed.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
local, miya shay
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool 11 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects