Man arrested after leaving girl, 2, behind at McDonald's restaurant in N. Harris Co.
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man has been arrested after he left a small child behind at a McDonald's restaurant.
Harris County Sheriff's deputies say the 2-year-old girl was found by herself Monday night inside the McDonald's located at 10760 Eastex Freeway. Prosecutors say Charles Godfrey entered the McDonald's and began telling people the girl was not his child and offered people money to watch the child. They say Godfrey left, returned later and was arrested.
Charles Godfrey, 32, is charged with abandoning/endangering child.
Godfrey is the boyfriend of the child's mother. Deputies say they did not know exactly why he left the child.
During a court appearance Wednesday, a judge raised Godfrey's bond from $15,000 to $30,000 because of his criminal history which includes drugs, burglary and assault charges.
His bond conditions include no contact with the victim or any other children.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- Joy ride turns tragic for Conroe teens
- Two dead in NW Houston nursing home shooting 4 min ago
- UH student robbed of phone on campus
- Harris County IDs suspects in meat market break-ins
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes 45 min ago
- Massive shark reeled in from Gulf
- Toddler flown to hospital after dog bit him in the face 39 min ago
- Woman says used car's sweet deal turned sour
- Volunteer fire chief dies while battling Brazoria Co. fire