Two women arrested after allegedly stealing 8 cases of beer, leading police on chase
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- Two women have been arrested after allegedly stealing eight cases of beer and leading police on a chase in Pearland.
On the night of March 16, Pearland police received a report of a theft in progress in which they say two female suspects in a white Dodge Durango had stolen eight cases of beer and fled northbound on Cullen. Police say an officer located the Durango on Cullen Parkway near Hughes Ranch Road, but the suspects refused to pull over and instead fled northbound at a high rate of speed.
Pearland police say the suspects continued north on Cullen, east on the Feeder road of the Sam Houston TollWay, and north on Wayside when the vehicle failed to negotiate the T-intersection at 13000 Wayside and 5900 Almeda Genoa and side-swiped a utility pole, went through a fence and struck materials at a business in the 5800 block of Almeda Genoa.
An officer attempting to locate the suspect the vehicle also wrecked into a ditch in the same area, police say.
Katina Barley and Crystal Scott were taken into custody at the scene. Scott, 43, was charged with evading arrest in a vehicle, reckless driving, theft-shoplifting and driving while license invalid. Barley, 35, was charged with theft-shoplifting.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents dead after altercation
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees
- Jailer accused of sneaking smokes, snacks 33 min ago
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses
- Big reward for sex assault suspect who missed court date 16 min ago
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- YouTube turns 9 today!
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos