Next trial scheduled in teen beating case
HOUSTON -- The next trial in the cases of three former Houston police officers accused of beating a teenage burglary suspect has been scheduled for next month.
During a court hearing Wednesday in Houston, a judge scheduled the trial to begin April 29.
Jon Munier, one of the special prosecutors handling the case, said he expects Raad Hassan to go on trial next month.
Hassan, along with former officers Phillip Bryan and Drew Ryser, face misdemeanor charges for their roles in the alleged March 2010 beating of the teen, which was caught on video surveillance. A fourth former officer was acquitted in May.
Security video from a business showed officers appearing to kick and beat the teen, who was later convicted of burglary in juvenile court and given probation.
- Rockets road to the Finals begins tonight
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident along Beltway feeder 40 min ago
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck wil be charged
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America: Reconsider student's punishment
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Moisture moves back with with rain chances rising