Multiple units damaged in 2-alarm apartment fire in north Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A 2-alarm fire tore through a north Houston apartment complex Wednesday afternoon, damaging as many as 16 units.
The Houston Fire Department says it has the blaze under control at 355 Benmar Drive. HFD was dispatched to the fire at 2:30pm after they say a passerby noticed a fire coming from an outside patio area of an apartment and notified the residents.
HFD says the wind then spread the fire which heavily damaged two units and moderately damaged 14 other units. The fire was controlled about an hour later.
Approximately 85 firefighters responded to the incident. There were no reported injuries and the American Red Cross has been requested to assist the residents.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- American Meb Keflizighi wins Boston Marathon 1 min ago
- Robbery call leads to wild chase in north Houston
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed while looking for car keys 49 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Group offers free prom dresses to girls
- Lohan says on reality show she had miscarriage
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Teen survives California to Hawaii flight in wheel well
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- General Mills scraps controversial new legal terms
- New study says laughing makes your brain work better
- Travis Herzog's midday weather forecast
2 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos