Man accused of running over, killing his girlfriend due in court
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man accused of murdering his girlfriend in TC Jester Park is due in court today.
Police say 29-year-old Jesse Blanco and Melissa Chavez got into a fight at a party on February 4.
Authorities believe he started hitting her while they were in their car on the way home. He allegedly choked Chavez to the point where she lost consciousness. They say he then pulled into the park and ran over her several times before leaving the scene.
An anonymous Crime Stoppers tip led to the location of Blanco, and he was arrested without incident.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Child killed by falling tree branch
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle
- 3 shoplifting suspects nabbed after hour-long chase
- HISD school principal accused of shoplifting
- Dead man found tied up in home in Fort Bend County 43 min ago
- TV co-host dies in motorcycle crash 59 min ago
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Autopsy: Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- Texans can still make the playoffs if...
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Woman warning others after car sale goes awry
- When fictional sex is bad, really bad
- Last day of warm before the temperatures drop
- Mom, 17, fatally stabbed while holding baby