ABC13 viewer generously helps out church victimized by copper thieves
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- After we told you earlier this week about a church that became the target of copper thieves, one of our ABC13 viewers is stepping up to help.
The thieves stole wiring from the utility boxes at the True Vine Holiness Church over the weekend, forcing the church to use generators to hold services on Sunday. After seeing our story, viewer Randy Hartley decided to give the church a $4,300 check.
"A lesson that this has taught me a little bit in looking around is we need to help other people out. If there's unfortunate people out there that have these kind of bad things happen to them and we're the fortunate few that can help, you can talk about it... but act," Hartley said.
Church officials say the donation will be used to get electricity back on and also put up some bars to protect the boxes in the future.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents dead after altercation
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- YouTube turns 9 today!
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes
- Putting gadget germ cleaners to the test
- Gold bars removed from man's stomach
- Company creates 'anti-thigh gap' jeans
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Create a bracelet from the recycling bin