ABC13 viewer generously helps out church victimized by copper thieves
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- After we told you earlier this week about a church that became the target of copper thieves, one of our ABC13 viewers is stepping up to help.
The thieves stole wiring from the utility boxes at the True Vine Holiness Church over the weekend, forcing the church to use generators to hold services on Sunday. After seeing our story, viewer Randy Hartley decided to give the church a $4,300 check.
"A lesson that this has taught me a little bit in looking around is we need to help other people out. If there's unfortunate people out there that have these kind of bad things happen to them and we're the fortunate few that can help, you can talk about it... but act," Hartley said.
Church officials say the donation will be used to get electricity back on and also put up some bars to protect the boxes in the future.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Oops! Noise complaint leads to drug bust
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game