Missing man found safe on his birthday
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man who walked away from a group home last week has been found safe, and on his birthday no less.
Tanis Xavier Figueroa, who turned 25 today, March 21, walked away from a group home on Thursday, March 14. The Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office says Figueroa was found safe in Houston by METRO police. He was taken to Ben Taub Hospital for evaluation.
The group home is located in the 9600 block of Wellsworth Dr. in the Keegans Wood Subdivision. Keegans Wood is south of the Westpark Tollway near the intersection of Bissonnet and South Eldridge Parkway.
Figueroa has been diagnosed with schizophrenia and is bi-polar.
The home's manager told Figueroa's mother her son left the home and was going "to a store."
Due to miscommunications between family and group home management, the missing person case was not reported immediately.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive