Missing man found safe on his birthday
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man who walked away from a group home last week has been found safe, and on his birthday no less.
Tanis Xavier Figueroa, who turned 25 today, March 21, walked away from a group home on Thursday, March 14. The Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office says Figueroa was found safe in Houston by METRO police. He was taken to Ben Taub Hospital for evaluation.
The group home is located in the 9600 block of Wellsworth Dr. in the Keegans Wood Subdivision. Keegans Wood is south of the Westpark Tollway near the intersection of Bissonnet and South Eldridge Parkway.
Figueroa has been diagnosed with schizophrenia and is bi-polar.
The home's manager told Figueroa's mother her son left the home and was going "to a store."
Due to miscommunications between family and group home management, the missing person case was not reported immediately.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands 50 min ago
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Lights go out at Jones Hall, but concert-goers have a blast
- Tooth Fairy 45% more generous in 2013
- Man hit, killed while trying to cross East Freeway
- Free Stuff Friday!
- Will Pearland mom be named most 'unstoppable' today?
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Photos: Jet's landing gear collapses in Philadelphia
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale