Missing man found safe on his birthday
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man who walked away from a group home last week has been found safe, and on his birthday no less.
Tanis Xavier Figueroa, who turned 25 today, March 21, walked away from a group home on Thursday, March 14. The Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office says Figueroa was found safe in Houston by METRO police. He was taken to Ben Taub Hospital for evaluation.
The group home is located in the 9600 block of Wellsworth Dr. in the Keegans Wood Subdivision. Keegans Wood is south of the Westpark Tollway near the intersection of Bissonnet and South Eldridge Parkway.
Figueroa has been diagnosed with schizophrenia and is bi-polar.
The home's manager told Figueroa's mother her son left the home and was going "to a store."
Due to miscommunications between family and group home management, the missing person case was not reported immediately.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Person of interest located in death of mail carrier
- HCSO: Sergeant killed by suspected drunk driver
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris Co.
- Houston demolishes dozens of nuisance buildings
- House party ends with one dead, 2 others injured
- Niko Niko's World Gyro Eating Championship held today
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Fla
- Expect hot, humid conditions next couple of days
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos