Pedestrian fatally struck by dump truck on S. Post Oak Rd. in SW Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police are investigating after a man was killed in an accident involving a dump truck Thursday afternoon in southwest Houston.
Witnesses say the man walked out into the street in the path of a dump truck on South Post Oak Rd. at Willowbend at around 1:20pm. A bystander administered CPR and flagged down an ambulance to try to save the man.
Witnesses tell Eyewitness News the victim was homeless.
Police have identified the victim as Jerry Lee Letchford Bradshaw, 45, of Houston. He was pronounced dead at Ben Taub General Hospital.
Police say there were no signs of intoxication on the driver of the dump truck and he was released. The investigation is continuing.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect 1 min ago
- Helping military families, one child at a time 29 min ago
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man killed by authorities 'Into the wild' hunter
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend 54 min ago
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Workers recover Bible from rubble of NYC buildings 19 min ago
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days
- Girl, 5, spends day at wrong school
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods
- Police: Rapper incited riot at SXSW
- David Tillman's weather forecast
19 min ago