Two people arrested in connection with more than a dozen burglaries in Texas City
TEXAS CITY, TX (KTRK) -- Two people have been arrested in connection with more than a dozen burglaries in the Texas City area.
Texas City police say Jon Michael Miranda was in the custody of the Galveston County Sheriff's Department and during interviews with those detectives, admitted to committing numerous burglaries in Texas City. They say Miranda identified several of the residences he had broken into in Texas City.
According to Texas City police, the investigation yielded the clearing of 16 home and business burglaries, the recovery of thousands of dollars' worth of stolen property, the identification of two additional accomplices in these crimes as well as the clearance of two robberies.
Miranda, 21, is charged with one count of aggravated robbery and one count of robbery. His bond is set at $180,000. Marlessa Renice Saldana, 25, is also facing one count of aggravated robbery and one count of robbery. Saldana's bond is $80,000.
Several more burglary charges are expected to be filed in the near future, according to police.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
texas city, local
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Police: Woman tried to abduct boy walking to school
- HFD vehicle involved in deadly accident
- ABC13 gets exclusive tour of home after drug bust
- Neighbors forced to pull up community garden
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Arrested partiers claim Galveston police went too far
- HPD officer involved in northeast Houston crash
- Fire engulfs northeast Houston home
- Obama imposes sanctions over Ukraine crisis
- Man to be tried as adult for deadly childhood attack
- Two arrested in deadly hit-and-run on FM 1960
- Woman asleep in Bieber's rented home arrested
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos