Paid parking to begin on Galveston's seawall
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- Galveston is about to make paid parking along the seawall a reality, anticipating launch of the program in early summer 2013.
Visitors to the seawall will be able to use a mobile app, the internet, or a mobile phone to pay for parking. Select businesses along the seawall will also offer payment options and annual passes. The parking transactions are transmitted real-time to reflect payment status to parking ambassadors and patrol cars.
Seawall Paid Parking:
- Fee: $1 / hour, not to exceed $8 / day or $25 / year annual pass
- Hours of Operation: 10:00AM - 6:00 PM, Daily
- Payment Options: Pay by phone, Select Seawall Businesses
Paid parking areas will include the north and south sides of Seawall Boulevard from 6th to 69th Street and 81st to 103rd Street. The area between 69th and 81st Street will be free of charge.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Vandals strike vehicles in Heights neighborhood 36 min ago
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Police say girl finds her murdered mother 1 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today 20 min ago
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Big rig driver involved in deadly wreck due in court today 15 min ago
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools 14 min ago
- Gary Kubiak thanks team, fans in full page ad
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Just what we needed - a tougher cockroach
- The storm that wouldn't end 39 min ago
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston