Paid parking to begin on Galveston's seawall
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- Galveston is about to make paid parking along the seawall a reality, anticipating launch of the program in early summer 2013.
Visitors to the seawall will be able to use a mobile app, the internet, or a mobile phone to pay for parking. Select businesses along the seawall will also offer payment options and annual passes. The parking transactions are transmitted real-time to reflect payment status to parking ambassadors and patrol cars.
Seawall Paid Parking:
- Fee: $1 / hour, not to exceed $8 / day or $25 / year annual pass
- Hours of Operation: 10:00AM - 6:00 PM, Daily
- Payment Options: Pay by phone, Select Seawall Businesses
Paid parking areas will include the north and south sides of Seawall Boulevard from 6th to 69th Street and 81st to 103rd Street. The area between 69th and 81st Street will be free of charge.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase in north Houston
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer 10 min ago
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038 49 min ago
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Suspected drunk driver in Atascocita fatal crash due in court 46 min ago