Paid parking to begin on Galveston's seawall
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- Galveston is about to make paid parking along the seawall a reality, anticipating launch of the program in early summer 2013.
Visitors to the seawall will be able to use a mobile app, the internet, or a mobile phone to pay for parking. Select businesses along the seawall will also offer payment options and annual passes. The parking transactions are transmitted real-time to reflect payment status to parking ambassadors and patrol cars.
Seawall Paid Parking:
- Fee: $1 / hour, not to exceed $8 / day or $25 / year annual pass
- Hours of Operation: 10:00AM - 6:00 PM, Daily
- Payment Options: Pay by phone, Select Seawall Businesses
Paid parking areas will include the north and south sides of Seawall Boulevard from 6th to 69th Street and 81st to 103rd Street. The area between 69th and 81st Street will be free of charge.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus 5 min ago
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide 31 min ago
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch 58 min ago
- Beyonce's holiday surprise
- McDonald's employee injured during attempted robbery 20 min ago
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted
- Coloring book featuring Ted Cruz selling fast
- Multiple people stabbed after Denver football game
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- HISD takes steps to replace school mascots
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- Travis Herzog's Friday weather forecast
27 min ago