Santa Fe woman charged after young child dies
SANTA FE, TX (KTRK) -- A Santa Fe woman is facing a felony charge after a four-year-old child died early Saturday morning.
Laura Lea Kolb, 36, is facing charges of Injury to a Child. Police say they received a frantic 911 call a little after 4am about a four-year-old child not responding.
When crews arrived to the home in the 11900 block of 16th Street, they found a man holding his daughter. They began to treat the girl, who was transported to the hospital with CPR in progress. The girl was pronounced dead a short time later.
During an invesitgation, police say they discovered that Kolb, the live-in girlfriend of the deceased child's father, had an argument with the father.
The child's father left to visit with a friend in a downstairs apartment. Kolb reportedly went downstairs, too, but fell down the stairs, injuring herself. When she went back up, police say she assaulted the child. They say she admitted to shoving the child to the floor and then throwing her on the bed.
Kolb is being held on a $250,000 bond. Additional charges may be added once the autopsy is complete.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster 50 min ago
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana 56 min ago
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Mark Kelly, twin brother enlisted for NASA study
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Boy, 2, FaceTimes to help mom instead of 911
24 min ago