Cypress-Station rapist sketches to go up on billboards
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities in Harris County need your help to find a serial rapist. They have several sketches that they want the public to see, so they've come up with a unique plan to make sure they are seen.
Many people who live in the Cypress Station area are afraid. Women say they don't walk alone at night, and they don't answer their doors. But they're hoping that this latest effort will lead to the capture of the one or more serial rapists who have been targeting the area.
Starting Monday, you'll see sketches of the suspects on billboards as you're driving down Highway 59 in north Harris County. The composite sketches could represent one or two people who are responsible for raping at least seven women over the past 18 months in the area.
Investigators say the suspect or suspects have been finding women in the escort business, making dates with them and then sexually assaulting them in empty apartments. At least four of these cases have been linked by DNA to the same suspect.
Investigators don't have many clues to go on and that's why they're teaming up with Clear Channel Communications to display these sketches.
Those who live here are hoping somebody will recognize the suspects.
"We need to be more caring, we need to be understanding about what's going on. Don't say it's not your job to talk or say something or call it in. You must call it in, it's a must," nearby resident Sandra Freemount said.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
local, pooja lodhia
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck 30 min ago
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Notable events that happened on this date in history 17 min ago
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Pearland mother finalist for 'Unstoppable Mom' contest 5 min ago
- Motorcycle chase ends in fiery crash with patrol vehicle 38 min ago
- Americans spend $56 billion on pets 27 min ago
- Free Stuff Friday! 48 min ago
- Avoid baggage fees with these packing tips 54 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom