Salvation Army to break ground on new facility in SW Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Salvation Army will break ground on a new 38,000-square foot facility in southwest Houston tomorrow.
The ground-breaking will take place at the International Corps Community Center on Cook Road at 11:30am. The International Corps is one of the fastest growing Salvation Army Community Centers in the United States.
Once construction is completed, the building will be used to house various multi-lingual and multi-generational programs for southwest Houston's diverse communities.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Local post offices open today for holiday rush 45 min ago
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished 43 min ago
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband wanted
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- No more ice, but cold weather continues 20 min ago
- Houstonians to pay tribute to Nelson Mandela 30 min ago
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- South Africans pray for Mandela 55 min ago
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- Icy storm sends Houston workers to help North Texas
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns