Salvation Army to break ground on new facility in SW Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Salvation Army will break ground on a new 38,000-square foot facility in southwest Houston tomorrow.
The ground-breaking will take place at the International Corps Community Center on Cook Road at 11:30am. The International Corps is one of the fastest growing Salvation Army Community Centers in the United States.
Once construction is completed, the building will be used to house various multi-lingual and multi-generational programs for southwest Houston's diverse communities.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston