Baytown car chase ends in East Houston with suspect's arrest
BAYTOWN, TX (KTRK) -- A suspect was taken into custody after leading authorities on a high-speed chase out of Baytown this evening, and Eyewitness News is the only Houston station with exclusive video of it.
The chase started around 7pm in Baytown. The suspect led authorities through side streets like Wallisville before getting on the westbound lanes of Interstate 10.
SkyEye HD joined the chase as the suspect sped by the Normandy exit and his car's tires started to smoke. The suspect tried to exit off the highway but his car left the paved lane and careened into the grass. He made it onto the feeder road of the highway but yards later, he lost control of the car and it came to a stop in the 12500 block of the I-10 East feeder road near Halsey Street.
The suspect came out of the car running but authorities were right on him. The suspect ran into the parking lot, where he dropped to the ground and was arrested.
It wasn't immediately known why the suspect was being pulled over, but investigators say he claims he did not stop because he does not have a driver's license. The suspect, identified as 27-year-old Cory Ross Maxey, is charged with evading arrest.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect 45 min ago
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 45 min ago
- One killed in head on collision with dump truck
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from hotel
- Teen arrested after allegedly racing illegally 5 min ago
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans