Fire rips through Alvin apartment complex, residents displaced
ALVIN, TX (KTRK) -- A fire damaged an apartment complex Sunday in Alvin, pushing about half of the residents out of their homes.
The fire broke out around 9am at Newport Oaks Apartments in the 800 block of E. South.
According to volunteer firefighters in Alvin, the investigation into the cause of the blaze is ongoing, but officials tell us half of the people who lived in the 24-unit complex were displaced.
One person was arrested at the scene. It's unclear what that person was charged with or if it's related to the fire.
An Alvin police officer was treated for a cut on his hand, but no other injuries were reported.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold 20 min ago
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Family escapes house fire in east Houston 3 min ago
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known 45 min ago
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Ashby High Rise opponents dealt winning hand
- Man tries to trade gator for beer
- Half-ton chocolate Santa on display at Hilton Americas
- Guide dog saves blind man who fell on subway tracks
- Outrage over request asked of cancer patient
3 min ago