Fire rips through Alvin apartment complex, residents displaced
ALVIN, TX (KTRK) -- A fire damaged an apartment complex Sunday in Alvin, pushing about half of the residents out of their homes.
The fire broke out around 9am at Newport Oaks Apartments in the 800 block of E. South.
According to volunteer firefighters in Alvin, the investigation into the cause of the blaze is ongoing, but officials tell us half of the people who lived in the 24-unit complex were displaced.
One person was arrested at the scene. It's unclear what that person was charged with or if it's related to the fire.
An Alvin police officer was treated for a cut on his hand, but no other injuries were reported.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Two women found dead in Galveston County 33 min ago
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing 3 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged 54 min ago
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Video: Generous students get visit from big Texan