Freeze warning in effect for counties north of Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Temperatures will fall quickly overnight with some neighborhoods below freezing by morning.
ABC13 Chief Meteorologist Tim Heller says a "light freeze" is possible north and west of Houston.
"It should stay above freezing inside the Beltway, around Galveston Bay and along the Gulf of Mexico coast," said Heller.
Heller advises anyone who planted flowers in their landscape or vegetables in their garden to cover the new plantings. "But your pipes will be OK."
A few people are enjoying the last bit of old man winter, aware that before long we'll be enduring the Houston heat.
"Last Monday, it was very warm and quite humid and this Monday, it's freezing out here," said Amber Poole, who we found braving the cold at Memorial Park. "It can definitely make it difficult. Last Monday, I was thinking, 'Gosh, I wish it was cold' and today, I'm thinking I wish it was warm."
We will slowly warm up, reaching the 70s by the middle of the work week. We'll stay mostly dry through Friday, with a better chance for much-needed rain over the weekend.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Three Webster officers go before judge today