Freeze warning in effect for counties north of Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Temperatures will fall quickly overnight with some neighborhoods below freezing by morning.
ABC13 Chief Meteorologist Tim Heller says a "light freeze" is possible north and west of Houston.
"It should stay above freezing inside the Beltway, around Galveston Bay and along the Gulf of Mexico coast," said Heller.
Heller advises anyone who planted flowers in their landscape or vegetables in their garden to cover the new plantings. "But your pipes will be OK."
A few people are enjoying the last bit of old man winter, aware that before long we'll be enduring the Houston heat.
"Last Monday, it was very warm and quite humid and this Monday, it's freezing out here," said Amber Poole, who we found braving the cold at Memorial Park. "It can definitely make it difficult. Last Monday, I was thinking, 'Gosh, I wish it was cold' and today, I'm thinking I wish it was warm."
We will slowly warm up, reaching the 70s by the middle of the work week. We'll stay mostly dry through Friday, with a better chance for much-needed rain over the weekend.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder 39 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple, who call 911 6 min ago
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat
- More Houstonians using METRO system
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student