'Baby Chloe' case: Judge grants ongoing custody of abandoned baby to CPS
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A judge granted ongoing custody of the abandoned girl known as Baby Chloe to Child Protective Services during a hearing Monday.
CPS says they've received hundreds of tips since the abandoned baby was discovered in a plastic bag on February 19, but so far none of them have led to the baby's parents.
The baby has been nicknamed 'Chloe' and is in a foster home. She has gray eyes and one front tooth.
Next week, a judge will schedule a hearing to terminate the parental rights of Baby Chloe's parents since they have not come forward. Whoever abandoned her could face charges.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire 30 min ago
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- Boy buried by avalanche tried to bite his way out
- Trooper's wife killed when his gun accidentally discharged
- Toddler uses Facetime to get help for mom 57 min ago
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Ukraine PM: Won't give up 'single centimeter'
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects