Boy, 2, drowns in New Caney swimming pool
NEW CANEY, TX (KTRK) -- A toddler died Monday night in an apparent drowning in New Caney.
Paramedics were called to a home on Northcrest Circle near Saddle Pack just before 5pm.
According to officials, the two-year-old boy was in his backyard riding on a toy tractor while his family was also outside, preparing to go to a baseball practice. The family lost sight of the boy and went inside to look for him, then returned outside and found him and the toy tractor at the bottom of the pool.
When emergency responders arrived, the family was performing CPR. Crews took over and rushed the child to Kingwood Hospital where he was pronounced dead just before 8pm.
Paramedics say the boy was underwater for at least 15 minutes. The water temperature was in the low 60s.
No names have been released and the case remains under investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing 9 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary 35 min ago
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Which food trucks had violations?
39 min ago