State freezes assets of LBS Tax Service in Harris County
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The State of Texas just announced it is freezing the assets of a Harris County tax service.
Action 13 Consumer Reporter Jeff Ehling first investigated this issue last month. Several consumers complained LBS Tax Service promised to file taxes for $75 but ended up charging hundreds for the service.
Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott's office says that same thing has happened to other consumers.
Monday, the state froze the assets of LBS Tax Service and issued a temporary restraining order preventing the firm filing any more tax returns.
The state also claims some of the work done by LBS Tax Service was riddled with errors.
LBS Tax Service employees said they could not comment on the state's order.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Big quake strikes off N. California, no tsunami threat 36 min ago
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038 16 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Two charged in death of North Texas student 32 min ago
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire