Houston police: Driver high on PCP leads them on chase
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A driver believed to be high on PCP is in jail after leading police on a chase last night.
An officer on patrol noticed someone driving erratically on the South Loop at Stella Link. The driver tried to take off, starting a pursuit. The chase finally ended on South Braeswood at Braesview.
Investigators say when the driver finally stopped, he refused to get out of the car. So the officer pulled him out and arrested him.
During a search, officers say they found PCP inside the SUV. The driver now faces charges of evading arrest and DUI.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Nice weather for Easter!
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck