Man allegedly drove pickup on Galveston causeway with 3-year-old in car seat in bed of truck
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- A man is facing charges for allegedly driving his pickup on a Galveston causeway with a young boy in a car seat in the bed of the truck.
Aaron Rincon is charged with endangering a child. Galveston police say on March 24, they received a report of a truck heading inbound at over 90mph on the causeway with a child in a car seat in the bed of the vehicle. Officers spotted the vehicle heading eastbound in the 5900 block of Broadway and pulled over the vehicle.
Police say they found a total of seven children in the vehicle, all improperly restrained, and that the child in the bed of the truck was 3 years old.
According to Galveston police, Rincon did not have a valid license; he was also in possession of marijuana. Rincon is being held on a $30,000 bond.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Young artists put on unique display
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man killed by authorities 'Into the wild' hunter
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Workers recover Bible from rubble of NYC buildings
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days
- Girl, 5, spends day at wrong school
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods