Man allegedly drove pickup on Galveston causeway with 3-year-old in car seat in bed of truck
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- A man is facing charges for allegedly driving his pickup on a Galveston causeway with a young boy in a car seat in the bed of the truck.
Aaron Rincon is charged with endangering a child. Galveston police say on March 24, they received a report of a truck heading inbound at over 90mph on the causeway with a child in a car seat in the bed of the vehicle. Officers spotted the vehicle heading eastbound in the 5900 block of Broadway and pulled over the vehicle.
Police say they found a total of seven children in the vehicle, all improperly restrained, and that the child in the bed of the truck was 3 years old.
According to Galveston police, Rincon did not have a valid license; he was also in possession of marijuana. Rincon is being held on a $30,000 bond.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Robber dashes out of vision store with pricy shades
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans 38 min ago
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero 38 min ago
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse
- Jury reaches verdict in disputed Farrah Fawcett portrait
- Travis Herzog's Thursday forecast
43 min ago
- Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
38 min ago
- JJ Watt now a superhero
38 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos