Fake cops attack family in SW Harris County
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A family was terrorized by fake cops Tuesday during a daytime home invasion in southwest Harris County.
The attack happened in the 13700 block of River Keg near Rustling Leaves around 10am. The Harris County Sheriff's Office says suspects posing as police officers tied up a husband, wife and two young children while they ransacked the house.
The family has a security system in their home, but said they didn't have time to push the panic button before the suspects shoved their way inside.
The woman managed to get away and called 911 from a neighbor's house. She received a cut on her head and her husband has scratches on his back, but their kids were unharmed.
The suspects reportedly had badges hanging from their necks that read "Security." They were described as black, 5 feet 6-8 inches tall and wearing dark-colored clothing and baseball caps. The suspects may have fled the scene in a two-door Honda Civic.
The homeowner believes he may have been targeted because he owns a business.
The family says the suspects stole electronics, jewelry and cash.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect 19 min ago
- weather: Rain falling across our area
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 19 min ago
- One killed in head on collision with dump truck 47 min ago
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from hotel
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Officers' body cameras raise privacy concerns