Noble Energy moving to old HP headquarters in northwest Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Big things are happening just north of Houston. A massive ExxonMobil complex is being built in north Harris County. And now, Noble Energy is moving its headquarters to the northwest side.
Noble Energy posted a video on YouTube to announce its move to the old HP headquarters on Highway 249 near Louetta. It's the latest company to move northwest, adding to this area's substantial growth.
The existing on- and off-site amenities plus the room for expansion were major factors, Noble says, in selecting this area. Noble plans to build a 20-story tower across from the existing buildings and say 1,600 employees could be working here by the end of 2015.
"It's very significant in that Noble Energy is a primary employer. They are the kind of employer that generate a lot of other jobs as a result of their employee compliment," said Barbara Thomason with the Houston Northwest Chamber Of Commerce.
In the YouTube video, Noble CEO Charles Davidson says, "The new facility will accommodate Noble Energy's continued exiting growth and bring out industry-leading workforce together in a work environment that encourages creativity and teamwork."
Couple this move with that of ExxonMobil's relocation to a 385-acre wooded campus near I-45 and you have a population boom coming. Exxon alone is expected to bring 12,000 jobs. With that will come exponential growth in other commercial ventures nearby.
The Houston Northwest Chamber of Commerce says the area has much to offer, including great schools and nearly unparalleled access to medical care. For the jet-set type, there's also nearby Hooks Field, which is spending up to $5 million on renovations within the next year just to handle the anticipated demand.
local, kevin quinn
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar 9 min ago
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver 11 min ago
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects 29 min ago
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game