Armed robbers target cell phone stores
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A $2,500 reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest of two or three robbers who have hit at least two cell phone stores since Saturday.
Both robberies took place at Houston AT&T stores. The first was at the store on Shepherd near Westheimer, which was robbed last Saturday. The most recent robbery was yesterday at the AT&T store on Studemont near Washington.
"My employee was on her knees and they had a gun to her back," said the store owner.
Surveillance photos were released from the two robberies, where customers were also threatened, specifically a mother and her school-age daughter.
"She was really distraught, and they were both in a fetal position in the back," said an employee.
The robbers were in and out within four to five minutes, but not before taking thousands of dollars in iPhones and cash.
"'If this has GPS on it, I'm gonna kill you.' I mean the whole time they have guns and they were both waving them around in the daughter's face," said the employee.
"Our employees have guns at their heads and we even heard them cock one of the guns and one said 'let's go empty out the safe. Where's your cash? Get all of your cash for us,'" the store owner said. "So (what's) the next thing they are going to do? Are they going to shoot someone -- coming in with customers in the stores. It is just not right."
The store owner says a red car has been seen at both locations. The robbers escaped quickly.
The owner believes it was the same group of two to three men each time, something under investigation by Houston police.
"They are like mini computers. They've got a small box with a big street value," said the store owner.
The owner say he is willing to work with Crime Stoppers adding a $2,500 reward for information leading to an arrest.
If you have any information on these robberies, you're being asked to call authorities.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
local, elissa rivas
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Nice weather for Easter!
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck