Student falls ill after eating baked good
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An investigation is underway after a student fell ill after eating a baked treat she allegedly got from another student during lunch.
A Bellaire High School student reportedly fell ill during lunch time and was taken to a hospital for treatment. She was later released. She claimed she got a baked good from another student, who had received it from a non-Bellaire HS student outside the school.
Investigators don't know if the baked item was laced with any foreign substances, but it is being tested.
HISD and Bellaire police are investigating the incident.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico 4 min ago
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in San Antonio
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years
- Use natural dyes to decorate Easter eggs
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody
- 12 killed, 3 missing in avalanche on Everest