Student falls ill after eating baked good
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An investigation is underway after a student fell ill after eating a baked treat she allegedly got from another student during lunch.
A Bellaire High School student reportedly fell ill during lunch time and was taken to a hospital for treatment. She was later released. She claimed she got a baked good from another student, who had received it from a non-Bellaire HS student outside the school.
Investigators don't know if the baked item was laced with any foreign substances, but it is being tested.
HISD and Bellaire police are investigating the incident.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Girl finds mother shot to death in SW Houston 4 min ago
- Firefighters save dog from house fire in Conroe 34 min ago
- Apartments under construction burn in 2-alarm blaze 4 min ago
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- Officer who fired at van with kids in it fired
- Video: Dog shoplifts and buries treats 55 min ago
- Dog shoplifts and buries treats
55 min ago
- Driverless car mystery solved
55 min ago