Sexual assault suspect pretended to be police officer during attack on teen, Houston police say
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A sexual assault suspect is locked up again, accused of pretending to be a police officer during an attack.
Police say Lacorey Remone Harris, 31, picked up a teen along the Southwest Freeway, and it's not the first time he's done this.
Harris is charged with impersonating a public servant and sexual assault of a child -- both felonies. According to court documents, Harris drove up to a 15-year-old girl in the 9500 block of Plainfield in southwest Houston earlier this month. He reportedly told her he was a cop and to get in his car. Harris threatened to arrest the girl for prostitution, but he "told her if she had sex with him he will allow her to go free and not take her to jail."
Harris used to live in a trailer in Fulshear and ministered at a church down the street.
"Long time ago he used to go to church here," Rev. Donnie Harris said. We asked if the suspect was a minister, and the reverend replied, "Something like that. He came here from somewhere else."
Deandre Parker says Harris was once married to his mother.
"You're supposed to be a prophet, a man of God. That's not very godly at all," Parker said.
And he's done this before. In 2007, Harris pleaded guilty to impersonating a police officer and served four years in prison.
"For him to do something like that is crazy," Shaundra Parker said. "Females go through a lot these days with dudes who don't even care about females' bodies anyway."
Harris is being held without bond. He is due in court Thursday morning.
local, sonia azad
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband wanted
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Winter Weather advisory for several local counties
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished Sunday
- Icy storm sends Houston workers to help North Texas
- Rice wins C-USA title with 41-24 win over Marshall
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns
- Dog rescued from fire in Conroe
- Drivers stuck on icy I-35 as cold blast hits Texas
- US tourist and war vet, 85, free from NKorea