Dogs save family from house fire in north Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Family pets helped to save an entire family from burning in a house fire in north Houston last night.
The home caught fire just after 11pm on Castor and Whitney.
Homeowner John Branch, says everyone who lived in the home was asleep at the time, and it was the family pets that woke them up in enough time to escape the home unharmed.
Firefighters say the blaze started in the room where an elderly dementia patient sleeps. Investigators believe the fire may have been accidental or electrical.
"My wife came outside and when she went to see what the dogs were barking about, she saw flames, woke me up," said Branch. "I tried as much as we could with the water hose but it was beyond my control."
This is the second time in six months that his home has caught fire.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million 54 min ago
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker
- Officers' body cameras raise privacy concerns 40 min ago
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Police investigating north Houston nightclub stabbing
- Motorcyclist killed in head-on wreck in northwest Houston
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Battleship Texas celebrates its 100th...
53 min ago