Man described as hoarder leads police on low speed chase
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say a man described as a hoarder led them on a low speed chase because he didn't want his car to be towed in northeast Houston.
Officers tried to pull the driver over at a gas station on Collingsworth at the Eastex Freeway because his registration was expired. He drove off and eventually stopped at his cousin's house on Chickering at Linn.
The driver never reached speeds of more than 20 miles an hour during the chase. He has been arrested for evading arrest and police are towing his car.
The car was filled nearly to the ceiling with clothes, dishes and household items.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire 2 min ago
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids 33 min ago
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today 43 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank
- Three Webster officers go before judge today
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom